Friday, May 7, 2021

Oy! Getting Older (Thank Goodness!!)

 So, I am 12 weeks away from the Badger 100 and training is going well so far.  A few tight spots, but nothing too surprising.  One thing I was beginning to notice, even before training started was just how fatigued I was.  Fatigued as in, can't peel my face off of the pillow, feeling like I will fall asleep driving home from work, fatigued.

I keep pretty busy, but that was an unusual level of fatigue.  I still get out and get my runs done, but they are slower than usual and I don't feel like I am fully recovering.  Then, it hit me.  I am getting older - lol.  I turned 50 last November, and while I haven't had any real signs of menopause, outside of one freak hot flash, there is a real good chance that my tiredness may be hormone related.

I contacted by doc and she referred me to a compounding pharmacy to do a saliva test to check hormone levels, which I did last Saturday.  It takes about 10 days to get the results in, and if your hormones are out of whack, they will mix something specifically for your needs.  I'm not going to lie - I hope they find some type of hormone imbalance so I can get going on treatment.  I am still getting everything done, but it is way harder than it needs to be.

Also - big news on the coaching front that I will address in my next post. I am excited about my new partnership, and confident that it is the right decision to help me reach all of my goals this year! 

Current mileage - 35 - 40 miles per week (this week is a down week with 35), with one day of spadework and two workout days.

Happy Running!  

Edie

No comments:

Post a Comment