Monday, April 22, 2024

And now the real training starts...

 


Today is the day that my 20 week training schedule for Cowboy starts!  Over 750 miles in base building done and countless workouts to get ready for the mileage build that is about to happen and I am ready!

I have been seeing a PT for the last couple of months for a recurring injury - glute / piriformis / sciatic something or other - something I have dealt with on and off for as long as I remember, and I think he has it figured out!  It actually came down to a lower back issue and I am doing lots of band exercises and stretches to fix it.  (If you are in the Acadiana area, I highly recommend Beau Sonnier with Move Rx - he isn't cheap, but he gets results!)

I had to slow down my training for a bit since Beau said to keep the pain level under 4 - so in the place of running for a couple of weeks I was speed walking with a weighted vest.  This surprisingly helped keep my cardio mostly in tact, and helped me to keep my routine of getting up and getting something done every day.

So now we build ... 

Happy Running!  
Edie



No comments:

Post a Comment