Saturday, December 31, 2022

Start with one thing

 One thing I have learned about myself over the years is that if I neglect one aspect of my health, everything else follows suit.  For example, if I find myself injured and unable to run or workout, my diet will deteriorate as well. I think it is an attitude of, "well, what's the point anyway?'.

But the opposite is also true. When I am consistent in my running or working out, I am more vigilant about my diet - "Do I really need a second glass of wine knowing how I will feel tomorrow?", "I had better not eat that fried chicken, no telling what will happen on my run tomorrow morning".  (Where is that porta potty when you need it?)

It only takes one win in your life for others to fall in place.  Maybe with the new year, instead of thinking "I am going to quit drinking, clean up my diet and start working out", just do one thing and stick with it.  Once you start feeling the benefits of that one change, the other goals you have will be much easier to stick to.  

Just my two cents.  

Praying for a healthy and happy new year for all of you! 

Happy Running! 

Edie

No comments:

Post a Comment