Friday, July 20, 2012

And here we go....

I received a notice in the mail today that I have a certified letter waiting for me at the post office from a lawyer.  I have been waiting to see what their next move would be.  Knowing those former friends of mine, I knew some kind of nastiness was on its way.  It will be interesting to see what they have decided to do.

I am not sure what they hope to accomplish.  Are they going to sue me for money?  That's funny because they paid me very little for the last year I worked for them and they know I am in the middle of a divorce with all of the expenses that go with that.  Luckily, my ex husband is a good man, and its not ugly between us, so there are not huge legal fees there.

Are they going to try to tell me to stop talking about what they are doing?  Well, if a judge tells me to, of course I will comply.  Until then, I will keep you up to date.  Just as I am trying to bring you along with me on my ultra running journey this year, I will try to shed some light on our legal system for you.  Hopefully not many of you have been on the receiving end of this kind of treatment, so it should be an eye opener for all of us.

I woke up this morning with that stress weight sitting on my chest again, then I opened Facebook and read about all of the innocent people who were murdered in Colorado outside the movie theater, and the people who lost their lives in the house fire in Lafayette this morning.  Thank you God for perspective.  Really, what is the worst thing that can happen to me?  They can't kill me. They can't harm my children.  They can't hurt anyone that I am close to (except for the pain their actions are already causing those that I love and that love me).

Maybe I will have to sell the house I have raised my kids in to pay for legal fees.  I will still have two beautiful, intelligent, funny, and all around awesome kids standing by my side.  Maybe they will accuse me of a bunch of stuff to try to disparage me further.  They have already tried that and it hasn't worked.  I will still have an army of friends surrounding me who know me and who know the truth.  As for those who don't know me and choose to believe whatever garbage is thrown out there - well, that's not my problem.

So, what it boils down to is that they can cause me alot of aggravation.  And it is up to me to decide how much control that I give them over my feelings. It will be an interesting journey.  It already has been.  I went to dinner with a bunch of friends last night who had no idea of this latest development.  The dinner was already planned, and I didn't want any more of a black cloud hanging over everyone than there already is because of this.  I spent alot of time just looking up and down the table into the eyes of these amazing people and instead of feeling burdened or stressed, I just felt BLESSED. I was aware of the hugs everyone gave me lasting a little longer than usual, and the hands on my shoulders, and the passing touches.

Not many people are lucky enough to withstand the kind of trial in your life that reveals your true friends.  I have been, and it has been AMAZING. In the end, I will still be me, and I will still have all that I treasure - the love of those around me.  I think God has hit CTRL ALT DELETE in my life and given me a fresh start. Now it is up to me to figure out what to do with it.

So, I am going to finish up making breakfast for my kids, do the dishes, get dressed and head to the post office to see what the next phase in this journey is.  Thank goodness they did this on a rest day :).

Happy Running,
Edie

1 comment:

  1. god bleesed ya with great friends and we will be there with ya through thick and thin! i did need new shoes before this all started and then i heard about this and would rather run on rocks then buy from pepole who hurt ya , are ride my $5000 bike on flats and screw up the carbon wheels that buy from these type of people! we lv ya !!!

    ReplyDelete